Devils to Host Military Appreciation Night | RELEASE
Prudential Financial, the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center will honor current and former military service members nationwide during the 12-teame Annual Military Appreciation Night presented by Prudential on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2022, when the Devils host the Arizona Coyotes at 7 p.m. tickets in recognition of their continued service and dedication, which will be recognized during the first period of the game. Doors will open at 6 p.m. ET before the game.
Devils players will wear military-inspired warm-up shirts before the game, which will be auctioned online until November 19e, the net proceeds of which benefit Paws of War and GI Go Fund. The mission of Paws of War is to train and place shelter and support dogs to serve and provide independence to our United States military veterans who suffer from the emotional and physical effects of war. In turn, every veteran can experience the therapeutic, unconditional love that only a pet can provide. Between Nov. 9 and Nov. 25, fans can enter the Devils Camo Jersey Sweepstakes, presented by Prudential, for a chance to win a military-themed jersey signed by the full Devils roster. To enter the contest, go to newjerseydevils.com/militaryappreciation. To place a bid on one of the military-inspired warm-up shirts, visit newjerseydevils.com/military. Learn more about Paws of War at pawsofwar.org.
Prior to the evening, the Devils collected video submissions from fans via Greenfly, where fans were able to express their gratitude to the military bands. Select video submissions will be featured on Devils social media platforms throughout the game. To view video submissions, Click here. Additional content surrounding the evening will include dedicated videos from the two nonprofits, GI Go Fund and Paws of War, and Prudential Representative Rob Barea, Vice President, Head of Culture, Diversity and engagement, talking about the impact of these programs and nights. such as military appreciation night for veterans. Prudential Financial representative Charlene Patrozelli, Vice President, Distribution Program Management, Group Benefits, will also join the Devils Hockey Network presented by RWJBarnabas Health on air during the 1st intermission to talk about the importance of the night. Petrozelli has been with Prudential in various business and compliance roles since joining the company in 1998. Beginning her career in our individual retail businesses, she is currently Vice President, Distribution Program Management, Insurance collective. She is a disabled Army National Guard veteran and co-leader of the VETNET Business Resource Group. Additionally, she is actively involved with the Inclusion & Diversity Council, and previously with the LCBE Talent Council, Recognition Council, Mentoring and Reverse Mentoring Committee.
Throughout the night, the Devils and Prudential will pay tribute to the armed forces through various activations, including:
- Camouflage hat contest and customization: The first 9,000 fans in attendance will receive a Devils camouflage-themed hat, courtesy of Prudential Financial. Additionally, Prudential is offering fans the opportunity to personalize their hats with their initials at stations located in the main lobby which will open at 6:00 p.m. and continue until the start of the 3rd period.
- Letters of Gratitude: Fans will have the opportunity to stop by the Prudential Financial Activation Space in the Main Concourse behind Section 19 to write a personal postcard to troops overseas, which will be facilitated by Operation Gratitude.
- 50/50 benefiting from the GI Go Fund: Funds raised through the Devils Youth Foundation 50/50 will benefit the GI Go Fund, a non-profit charitable organization that helps military veterans and their family members, as well as first responders, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people and all people in need to find employment, entrepreneurship, connection to their benefits and access to housing opportunities. There will be representatives from the GI Go Fund at the game, who will be recognized in the first period, first time out. Learn more about the GI Go Fund here.
- The 63rd Army Band, Tracer Rounds, Performances: The 63rd Army Band, Tracer Rounds, will provide entertainment in the Main Lobby before the game and during the 1st intermission.
- Honor Guard: During the United States National Anthem, the New York City Joint Service Color Guard will represent all branches of the military on the ice.
- National anthem: The United States national anthem will be sung by MSGT Mary Kay Messenger of the West Point Band.
- Light up the rock: Members of the New Jersey Warriors hockey team will participate in the Light Up The Rock pre-game ceremony. For more information about the Warriors, a nonprofit program dedicated to providing support to veterans with disabilities, visit https://njwarriors.org.
- Ceremonial puck drop: War Paws recipient, Dawn Amato, U.S. Army Veteran. Served 12/28/1981 for over 21 years as a heavy equipment operator and deployed during Desert Storm in 1991. Dawn will drop the puck with her service dog, Peaches, who was received and trained with Paws of War. Learn more about Paws of War at pawsofwar.org.
- Heroes Among Us, presented by Prudential Financial: Paws of War recipient Sergeant First Class Jason Ragel, who retired Nov. 14, 2012 after serving in the U.S. Army for 12 deployments, including service in Southern Watch, Desert Fox, Iraqi Freedom, New Dawn and Operation Enduring Freedom, will participate in a ceremonial puck drop with her Paws of War dog, NOM. Ragel is a Purple Heart recipient and has received honors including but not limited to the NCO Professional Development Ribbon, Army Commendation Medal (2 OLC), Service Excellence Medal, Army Excellence Medal (3 OLC), Army Good Conduct Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, and more. He is a current resident of Lake Hopatcong and continues to work alongside our military as a civilian.
- Table of personalized dog tags: The United States Army Exhibition hosted by the North Jersey Recruiting Company will be held in the upper lobby near the Bud Bar. Five members of the North Jersey Recruiting Company will activate a table where they will personalize dog tags and distribute army equipment and lanyards to fans.
- Enabling the puck wall photo: Fans in attendance will have the opportunity to take a photo in front of a custom Hockey Puck x American Flag wall of pucks in the main lobby of the Prudential Center behind Section 21.
- Devils Den Team Store Discount: At all Prudential Center Devils Den Team Stores, there will be a 10% discount for active military and veterans.
“We are a long-time supporter of the Military Appreciation Night. It gives us another platform to raise awareness of the sacrifice of past and present military personnel,” said Rob Barea, Vice President, Culture, Diversity and Engagement at Prudential Financial. “We are honored to partner with the community for this event, as we provide support to the military year-round.”