Men’s golf set to host Hartford Hawks Invitational
SOUTH KENT, Connecticut – The Hartford men’s golf team continues its 2022 fall campaign on Monday, traveling to Bull’s Bridge Golf Club in South Kent, Conn., for the Hartford Hawks Invitational. The 36-hole, two-day event begins at 8:00 a.m. on Monday.
HARTFORD HAWKS INVITATION
DATE: From Monday September 19 to Tuesday September 20
CLASSES: Bulls Bridge Golf Club
LOCATION: South Kent, Conn.
COVER: Live Score
PARTICIPATING TEAMS: Hartford, UConn, UCF, Longwood, Towson, Sacred Heart, Rider, Fordham, LIU, FDU, Fairfield, Bryant, LaSalle, Mount St. Mary’s, Manhattan, Merrimack
HARTFORD QUICK KEYS
- Conor Byrne had a strong start to the fall campaign, placing fourth overall to lead Hartford’s men’s golf team at Ryan T. Lee Memorial Collegiate
- The Hawks finished tied for sixth in a 17-team field, combing for a team score of 5 under 563
- Byrne won the title of Big Sky Golfer of the Week after shooting a 136 under 6 in both rounds
- Manuel Romero had the best round of the tournament for Hartford on opening day, posting a 67 under 4 for the top 18
- Turner Wegener and Michael Amari had solid weekends, both tied for 40th after posting 2 of 144
- Hartford finished eighth in an 18-team field the last time they played at Bull’s Bridge Golf Club
- Jared Winiarz (’22) paced the Hawks, posting a career-best eighth overall and a 69 (-3) in the last 18
- ryan tomaso (’22) and Bryce Zimmerman rounded out the Hawks’ leading scorers in last year’s tournament
- Tomaso posted a 9 of 225 over 54 holes, while Zimmerman recorded 13 of 229
- Danny Frodigh used an even par 72 in the final lap to finish tied for 34th, shooting a 6 of 222
NEXT ON PRESS
The Hawks will be back on Saturday September 24 with the Macdonald Cup hosted by Yale. Held over at Yale in New Haven, Connecticut, the event spans two days.