Men’s Gymnastics hosts Springfield for Senior Day Saturday
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pennsylvania. –Penn State Men’s Gymnastics is set to honor five senior day team members when it hosts Springfield on Saturday. The meeting is scheduled for 4 p.m. at the Rec Hall.
Recognition of the senior day will take place after the match. Kaleb Kiosk, Eric Lung, Nick Mock, Andres Perez Ginesand Brady Yamamoto will all be honored for their contributions to the Penn State men’s gymnastics program.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live Results | look
• Penn State and Springfield will meet for the 26th time in a series that began in 1961.
• The Lions lead 22-3 in doubleheaders, including a 395.450-372.900 win in the last game of 2019.
• Nick Mock finished second on pommel horse in the 2019 meet with Springfield.
LAST TIME OUT
• Penn State lost a Big Ten game to Ohio State 397.200-393.900.
• Chase Clingman recorded the only victory of the event for the Lions, taking first place on pommel horse with a score of 13.650.
• Matt Cormier finalists displayed on floor, rings, vault.
LIONS IN THE TOP 10
• Michael Jaroh ranks fourth in the country on rings with a 4-point average of 13.900 and ninth on parallel bars with a 4-point average of 13.750.
• Matt Cormier ranks eighth in the nation on vault with a 4-point average of 14.433.
• Chase Clingman ranks 10th in the nation on pommel horse with a 4-point average of 13.467.
B1G WEEKLY PRIZES
Gymnast of the week (2) – Ethan Dick (1/24), Michael Jaroh (2/7)
GENE WETTSTONE AWARD
against the army – Andres Perez Gines
against Illinois – Michael Jaroh
against Ohio State – Matt Cormier
B1G CHAMPIONSHIPS AT THE REC HALL
• It’s never too early to get excited about the post-season competition at Rec Hall. The Big Ten Championships will be held at Penn State on April 1-2.
• Penn State travels to Ann Arbor to face Michigan on Saturday March 19 at 3.30pm.