South Dakota State News
March 21, 2022
PETER, SD- Today, Governor Kristi Noem signed legislation to improve the readiness capabilities of the South Dakota National Guard:
- SB 41 revises the credit for the construction of a National Guard Readiness Center in Sioux Falls, for the purchase and exchange of goods between the state and the Sioux Falls Development Foundation.
- SB 48 makes a credit for the redesign and renovation of the Wagner Readiness Center.
- SB 49 authorizes the Department of the Army to construct a cold storage building located in Rapid City, South Dakota and makes it an appropriation.
“Our South Dakota National Guard is the best in the nation for our readiness capabilities, and these facility upgrades will further enhance those capabilities,” said Governor Kristi Noem. “Our men and women in uniform deserve the best, and we will continue to support them with our thanks, our prayers and with the resources they need to succeed.”
Governor Noem also signed additional military and veterans bills:
- SB 63 revises the State Veterans Cemetery Roads Improvement Credit and provides for ordinary cemetery operations.
- SB 197 requires the POW/MIA flag to be displayed in the chambers of the Senate and the House of Representatives.
- HB 1273 authorizes the Department of the Army to purchase certain real estate in Chamberlain.
Governor Noem has signed 198 bills and vetoed one this legislative session.